Adoptive parents privacy notice
We collect your information to:
- to assess and recruit adoptive parents for the safe and appropriate placement to our looked after children and young people with a matched family
What type(s) of information do we use?
- contact details
- demographic information
- family and relationship details
- national identifiers
- health data
- financial information
- employment data
- education data (yours and your child's)
- information form the local authority where you used to live
- race/ethnic origin
- religion and philosophical beliefs
- sex life/sexual orientation
- criminal offences, alleged offences, related proceedings (if applicable)
What is the legal basis for using your information?
Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or statutory function of the Council
Where do we get your information?
- statutory agencies (including overseas if necessary)
- disclosure and barring service (dbs)
- personal references
- employers current and previous.
Who do we share your information with?
- other adoption agencies
- other Local Authorities
- independent providers
How long will we keep your information?
From the date of the Adoption Order + 75 years
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
We will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
In our guide on exercising your rights you can find information about how to:
- exercise your rights
- contact our Data Protection Officer
- raise a concern with us
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in our primary privacy notice.
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time. If you are reading this as a printed copy please refer to www.stockport.gov.uk for the most up to date version.